The I-693 form is used to record results of the Immigration Medical Examination which the applicant for the Green Card appears for. This record is then submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The Immigration Medical Examination is necessary to prove that the applicant is not made inadmissible on medical health grounds. The results of the exam are strictly confidential and are to be used for immigration purposes only.
THINGS TO BE KEPT IN MIND WHILE FILLING UP THE I-693 FORM:
- There are no fees for the form. Please note this.
- Choose an USCIS-approved Civil Surgeon to schedule an appointment for the examination. If you need help with the Surgeon log on to the USCIS website, or alternatively, visit the easyIME website to choose a best-priced surgeon.
- Fill out Part I of the I-693 form.
- Do not sign the form until you are asked to do so by the Civil Surgeon. The form should be signed only in the presence of the Civil Surgeon.
- Go through the medical examination on the day of the appointment, and have all your tests taken.