We shall now look at Part 3 of the I-693 form,
Part 3 of the I-693 form should be completed by the Civil Surgeon. The Civil Surgeon is required to sign and date the form after the medical examination of the visa applicant is concluded, that is, after all follow-up evaluation and treatment is completed. The “testing age” is considered the age of the applicant on the date of the civil surgeon’s signature.
The Civil Surgeon should affix his signature in original in Part 3 on the form.
Note! New Additions to the top of Pages 2-5 of form I-693
Some new fields have been added to the top of the form. Here the visa applicant should fill in his or her name, along with the A-Number, if any. The Civil Surgeon should take care and check that these fields have been completed.
COMPLETING FORM I-693: THE CIVIL SURGEON WORKSHEET
The Civil Surgeon Worksheet (pages 2-5 of form I-693 encompasses the medical aspect of the Immigration Medical Examination.
The Worksheet is divided into 6 sections:
- Section 1: Communicable Diseases of Public Health Significance
- Section 2: Physical and Mental Disorders with Associated Harmful behaviour
- Section3 : Drug Abuse/ Drug Addiction
- Section 4: Other Medical Conditions
With some exceptions all the above sections should be completed by the Civil Surgeon.
- Section 5: Referral to Health Department or other Doctor.
- Section 6: Referral Evaluation.
The last 2 sections should detailed in only if a referral was made during the Immigration Medical examination.
COMPLETING THE FORM: A FINAL REVIEW
At the end of it all the Civil Surgeon must ensure that:
- All follow-up evaluation and treatment is completed
- All findings/results boxes are completed for each section
- Part 2 of the form (Summary of Medical Examination) is completed.
The Civil Surgeon should make two copies of the completed and signed form, and any supporting documentation that will be submitted to USCIS.
- The Civil Surgeon should keep 1 copy.
- The applicant will receive 1 copy.
This completes the filling up of the I-693 form!